<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Upside of Long Layovers: Suicidal Bunny Rabbits 

I am writing this post from Brussels airport, waiting for a flight to Milan. I had to route myself this-a-ways because I was determined not to fly Alitalia and I figured Jet Airways/Brussels Airlines was a good way to make the connection to Milan. On the downside, the Jet flight landed at 8 am and my Milan flight is not until 2:50 pm. At first one resorts to all the usual tricks of handling long layovers, namely leisurely coffees and croissants, FT weekend edition etc. Eventually, one does get bored of the wait. So, I decided to poke around the book store and found a comicbook masterpiece called "The Bumper Book of Bunny Suicides." I haven't laughed so much in ages, watching cartoons of bunny rabbits cooking up ever more ingenious ways of committing suicide.

I looked up the book on Wikipedia and it seems like it's a cult phenomenon, albeit one I had never heard of. So, it is likely that many of you have already heard of the book, but if you haven't, do yourself a favour and grab a copy. To give you a taste of what to expect, here's a sample.