<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Pulitzer Prize for International Reporting 

This went completely past me. I know the Pulitzers were announced earlier this month, but I wasn't really paying any attention. So, it came as a shock to me to realize that my good friend, and wife of former ZS blogger Andrew Lih, Mei Fong, won the Pulitzer for best international reporting as part of the Wall Street Journal team covering China. I am thrilled to bits for Mei, because I was following these feature stories from China (a lot of Mei's stories appear in Mint) and they really were outstanding.

Andrew links to most of the stories on his blog, and they seem to be available free and are not behind the subscription wall. As Andrew put it as only he can, Mei's obituary will now read -- 'Mei Fong, Pulitzer prize-winning reporter..'