<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Travel is overrated 

I think every one of us have at some point of time or the other glamourized frequent flying. Chances are that we weren't doing much travel either when we were entertaining such romantic notions of travel. Here's what my schedule for the week looks like:

Monday -- Bombay
Tuesday -- Jaipur
Wednesday -- Delhi
Thursday -- Hyderabad
Friday -- Bangalore

Now, this is the sort of schedule that literally drives you mad. This morning while taking a shower, I began to feel cabin pressure build up in my ears. Now, that's serious hallucinating for you. Nonetheless, I am off to Bangalore tomorrow. What am I thinking? I don't know really know. All I can say, kids, is that if you think travel is great, think again. It's probably fun if you're vacationing, but it certainly is not if you're traveling on work. Remember that when you lust after the next consulting gig. And I thought I would get an easy ride by being in academia for a while. Need to slow down. Need to slow down.

On the upside, there are those frequent flyer miles.