<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Comments and Trolls 

I had taken a blogging break because I was seriously overstretched in terms of time, and I have only returned to blogging in the last few weeks. So, I am amazed at the alacrity with which ZS trolls have returned, albeit in different disguises. What I don't understands about these trolls is why they bother reading this blog if the content offends them so much. I do not claim this blog is the fount of all wisdom and knowledge, it's just nuggets of my own personal opinions and biases and if you don't like it, go someplace else (at last count, there are 30 million blogs out there). What's worse is that the trolls seem to have no appreciation for sarcasm and imagine every light-hearted post is directed at them. There is no way for me to set up a spam filter of sorts either because they keep coming back in other disguises from other IP addresses.

Many of you have told me in the past to just take a deep breath and let the morons be, but that's easier said than done, isn't it? As I said, I am severely bandwidth-constrained these days, and despite that, I make the time to blog a bit and the last thing I want to have to deal with is trolls. The other option is to ignore comments altogether, but the comments and the discussion were really part of the fun of doing this blog, so that doesn't make any sense either. So, I am left with no recourse but to do what several bloggers have done in the past, namely to turn off comments and buy myself peace of mind. For that, I apologize, because I have enjoyed 90% of the comments on this blog and I hate that a moron or two screws things up for everyone else. Unfortunately, I am not endowed with the zen personalities that many of you readers are blessed with and I am not about to waste my energy again on morons. As always, if you really want to reach me, regular readers know how to.