<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Meet Hellen Tollbert 

Where there is misery, there will also inevitably be a bunch of assholes waiting to take advantage of a bad situation. Witness this e-mail I got today from a Hellen Tollbert, who is obviously trying to pull a version of the 419 on people who might want to help in the wake of Katrina's destruction.
I am Mrs Hellen Tolbert wife of Mr Johnny Tolbert, one family amongst the victims of the Hurricane Katrina who lost their home and all their properties in the Huricane Katrina, rendered us useless and homeless. I live at 17th Street Canal Downtown in New Orleans where the Hurricane Katrina struck took place. My home is one of the Affected houses in the area, and We spent two days on the roof of our house before we were Airlifted to a nearby church in Mississippi where we have been staying for the past two weeks.

[...] When Katrina thundered ashore and breached holes in the city's levees. Water raged in and flooded the bottom floor of our house, crack it and fell it down, Windows were blown out and now we are rendered homeless and stranded in this part of Africa region. Which we are not used to. Many workers and neighbours and residents lost their lifes, homes and all their possessions and even the clothes I'm wearing belong to someone else. But right now as a result of two many people trooping into this particular church, we were moved to somewhere in Africa region and here now we have been ask to leave for another undisclosed place because of too much crowd which I refused and I am now on my own facing my challenges and that of my children myself and I find it dificult to survive now as we have nothing to eat and they only give us water which is not even enough for us to drink.

Huh? Africa region, you say? In New Orleans?

Anyways, so what could Hellen want?
I want you to send any amount of donations of all sort to me either money or clothings or any inhouse property so that we can survive and lived. Especially for the sake of my husband who is now very sick in the hospital And as you do that, the ALMIGHTY GOD will rewards you greatly, (AMEN). I shall let you know how to send those gifts when you reply to my mail message.

The piece de resistance follows...
I look forward to your response with great hope of assistance from your good self Via my private email (hellen_tolbert@yahoo.es)

Err, Hellen, why do you have a Spanish Yahoo e-mail address if you are in Africa region in New Orleans? Just let me know and I'll send you ALL my money. Seriously!