<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 12, 2005

There's social networking, and then there's Small World 

Social networking was the in-thing in 2003/04 with huge amounts of media bandwidth and VC money being hogged by Friendster, Orkut etc. Most of these social networking sites are now passe or in the news for all the wrong reasons. This morning though, Boing Boing informed me of the existence of aSmallWorld, an invite-only club so exclusive that even Xeni Jardin can't get you in. According to Xeni, aSmallWorld is a favourite of celebrities, the gliterati and eurotrash (in no particular order).

So, my question to you, dear ZS reader is this. Are there any among you (and yours) who are members of aSmallWorld who can do for me what Xeni Jardin cannot? Like Groucho Marx, I too want to be a member of a club that will *not* have me.