<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Steve Levitt needs your help 

This is the ZS public service message of the day. Rogue economist, Steve Levitt, needs your help, especially if you're a poker player. He is on working on a research project which aims to understand what makes a person good or bad at poker.

I couldn't find the kind of data I needed, so I am assembling my own data set. What I'm looking for are online poker players who have been tracking their hands using Poker Tracker software. I've set up a website for people who are interested in contributing their own poker hands to the database. It is http://www.pokernomics.com/. It gives you all the details.

You are probably thinking to yourself, "what is in it for me?" First, you will be advancing science (or whatever it is you call my research). Second, we will analyze your data and hopefully give you some ideas about how to be a better poker player. Third, while supplies last, we are giving out Freakonomics t-shirts and signed copies of the book to people who provide us with big hand histories.

If you want more information on the project, go here.