<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Kornfield on KQED 

I passed by the Spirit Rock Meditation Center some time back. The Meditation Center is set against a backdrop of rolling, green hills. I remember thinking that I could not think of a better setting for contemplative practice.

I found Jack Kornfield on CD about a year back at the local library. His Meditation for Beginners is a great introduction to Vipassana meditation. I was pretty surprised to learn that Jack Kornfield leads meditation at the Spirit Rock Meditation Center. Coincidence? I don't think so. The CD provides a brief introduction to meditative practice, and also provides an introduction to the Four Noble Truths of Buddhism. After discussing his interpretation of the four noble truths, Kornfield guides you through a meditation session to accompany each. This is probably the best introduction to meditation I have seen so far. This must be more than coincidence. Must be a smart librarian :) Anyways, Atanu, you'll probably love this one.

I heard Kornfield on KQED earlier last week where he was in discussion on Forum with Michael Krasny. Master of Guided meditation meets the master of guided discussion. Listen here.

Previous posts : 1, 2, 3