<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 10, 2004

Site Du Jour -- Trance Airwaves 

Some of you know of my great interest in electronic music. I have also been listening to a lot of trance music of late, especially music that leans towards Goa/Psytrance. After all, there's very few things one can do that beats watching the sun set over the ocean, listening to some amazing Goa trance at the Nine Bar (built on a cliff overlooking overlooking the ocean) in Vagator, Goa. That said, its pretty diffcult to source new music unless you know someone in the know. Mostly its darts -- you just see what sticks.

So, I was pleased to accidentally come across Trance Airwaves -- supposedly the world's biggest trance radio site. It's really brilliant and has been my constant companion while I write parts of my dissertation (bobbing one's head often enough prevents one from falling asleep). Bar a few occasions, the music has been brilliant if melodic/progressive/uplifiting trance is your thing. The sound quality has been excellent too. And if I can get excellent sound quality on my connection in India, it should work brilliantly well elsewhere. The DJ's are mostly European and include Ultrafusion, Sarah Calsworth and Dave Dempsey.

PS: If the music sucks when you first check it out, try a few more times. I'd say I've been lucky with whats been played 75% of the time.