<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Cerebration 

I came across the web-magazine Cerebration, thanks to a heads up I received in the mail. Cerebration hosts writing from around the world on topics ranging from politics and science to literature and music. They also invite submissions for their poetry and short story sections. Have a look at the website and you'll get a feel of what they're looking for from the sort of stuff they have already put up. Since its been founded by two Indian women (Smita Maitra and Amrita Ghosh), it is India-centric right now, but with time I presume it'll become a lot more cosmopolitan as submissions begin to come in from all over.

The editorial advisory board comprises, among others, Gayatri Spivak and Barkha Dutt (Columbia J-school grad and perhaps India's best known newswoman). Interestingly enough, I also saw a poem by Vishnu Som (NDTV news anchor) among the submissions.

Have a look. I think you'll be entertained.