<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 29, 2004

Blog du Jour -- Tablatronic 

Folks who know me well know of my huge interest in the Asian Underground music scene -- from Karsh Kale to Talvin Singh to Medieval Punditz. I really think the Asian Underground produces some of the most original sounds in music today. I have probably watched Karsh Kale more times live than any other artist. So, I was thrilled to come across Tablatronic -- a site devoted to notes from the Asian Underground. The site includes everything from reviews of albums and concerts to radio streams. There is also a mailing list that keeps you updated on stuff happening on the AU scene -- for example, I discovered that Badmarsh (one half of Badmarsh and Shri) was hanging up his turntable, which is really unfortunate news given the quality of music he was capable of conjuring up. Highly recommended to those of you who have an interest in the scene and also for those who are curious.