<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 11, 2003

Moby gets It 

Much has been written about the RIAA's completely screwed up policy on policing music downloads on the Internet, a policy that has resulted in lawsuits being filed against a 12-year old and a grandmother, among others. I had made a post about the impossible odds the RIAA faces in enforcing such a policy. They just don't seem to get it -- the Internet is a new and different medium and should be treated as such.

But Moby gets it. This is a post from his journal, in response to someone on the Moby.com board getting sued by the RIAA .

personally i just can't see any good in coming from punishing people for being music fans and making the effort to hear new music. i'm almost tempted to go onto kazaa and download some of my own music, just to see if the riaa would sue me for having mp3's of my own songs on my hard-drive.

Bless your soul, Richard Melville Hall!