<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 13, 2003

The Clark Meetup 

Okay, so I finally made it to the Clark Meetup, the first one since Gen. Clark announced his candidacy. On the whole I was impressed with what I saw. Clearly, these meetups are providing an outlet for those who feel excluded to vent. Having said that, I am sure thats more of a Dean phenomenon than a Clark thing -- the riding on a wave of anger against Bush. Though the energy and enthusiasm was very palpable, the crowd today was generally speaking older than the Dean crowd and definitely more pragmatic. There was no extreme left rhetoric and most people were encouraging others to keep their eye on the final goal -- to unseat Bush. The General made a short and interesting webcast address as well.

For my part, I agreed to out together a list of blogs that could be part of a larger media strategy. I know all the usual suspects -- Josh Marshall, Atrios, Kevin Drum, Daily Kos etc. If you know of any other interesting blogs these folks could tap into, please let me know.