<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 25, 2003

Jimi is the greatest!!!! 

For as long as I can remember, I have maintained that among the guitar greats, there was Jimi Hendrix and then there were the mortals. 200 years from now, Jimi will be remembered and listened to with the same reverence we currently accord to a Beethoven or a Mozart. Rolling Stone has apparently done a definitive list of the greatest guitarists of all time. No prizes for guessing who comes out on top. Yahoo/Reuters is carrying a brief snapshot of the results, which will be carried in the latest edition of Rolling Stone which hits the news stands this weekend. I promise to post the complete results when the issue hits the stands.

Just for the record, Duane Allman and B.B. King come in at numbers 2 and 3 respectively. I'd be very curious to find out where the various yardbirds come in, as also the Steve Vai, Joe Satriani crowd. Watch this space. For now, Voodoo Chile, here I come.